- Twin Timber 1.6m
- ETA: May 2023
The E-flite Twin Timber 1.6m is not "just another Timber with another motor" - it's the most capable, durable, stable and unique Timber yet! All the popular features from other Timber models are there: shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized, tundra-style wheels; optional-use leading edge slats; functional flaps; and an LED lighting system with landing, navigation, and strobe lights. The Twin Timber 1.6m also features a large top hatch for faster, easier battery changes. Plus, it's equipped with the strongest landing gear installed on a Timber model yet to improve the durability and STOL capability when flying from rough terrain! The more efficient twin brushless motors are 3S and 4S-compatible and are matched to an exclusive 40-amp Spektrum Avian Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. The BNF Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more - plus differential thrust and motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities - along with the benefits of AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. The larger 2-piece wing adds to the stability, and oversized control surfaces with flaps that can travel both ways offer control and capabilities like Timber X models, including optional-use full-span ailerons. Combined connectors make it easier to install and remove the wing, and there's even a custom-designed clip in the fuselage that holds the wing joiner so you don't lose it when the wing is separated. Best of all, the wing-mounted motors make it nearly impossible to break props or damage the motor and mounts if you ever nose over! They also provide fantastic clearance when flying with the optional floats also used for Timber X 1.2m and Timber 1.5m models. And it all adds up to make this a great first twin-powered, Short Take Off and Landing (STOL), everyday sport and even aggressive aerobatics capable model for a wide range of pilots!
- Not just another Timber; it's the most capable, durable, stable, and unique Timber model yet
- A great first-ever twin-powered, everyday sport and STOL-capable model for a wide range of pilots
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- 40-amp Spektrum Avian Dual Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, temps, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Differential thrust and reversing for special ground handling and aerobatic capabilities
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible outrunner motors with counter-rotating 3-blade props
- Convenient top hatch with large battery compartment to fit 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Two-piece wing with composite wing joiner plus a custom-designed clip in the fuselage to hold the joiner when the wing is separated
- Combined connectors make installing/removing the wing easier for more convenient storage and transport
- Oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines for added control and aerobatic capabilities
- Functional flaps that can travel both ways for optional use as full-span ailerons
- Optional-use leading-edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Extremely durable shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized wheels/tyres
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos and linkages
- Optional floats with steerable rudders for flying from water (sold separately)
- Fast and easy assembly - no glue required
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable
The wing design has a larger span and more area than the Timber X 1.2m and Turbo 1.5m models, plus it features drooped wingtips and can be equipped with the included optional-use leading edge slats for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design, oversized flaps, and high-power brushless power system, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as a few feet or less.
Like most other Timber models, the Twin Timber 1.6m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered by the flight battery.
Flexible Twin Power
The factory-installed twin brushless power system features a 40-amp Spektrum Avian Dual Smart ESC plus specially-tuned motors that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades. Plus, the wing-mounted motors make it nearly impossible to break the counter-rotating props or damage the motors and mounts if you ever nose over!
Both the PNP and BNF Basic versions are equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more - with Smart and non-Smart batteries - via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly. Plus, reversing and differential thrust offer improved ground handling for easier taxiing, takeoffs, and landings, along with the ability to perform special aerobatic maneuvers.
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails- even local lakes and ponds-you can fly off of these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The shock-absorbing landing gear is the strongest installed on a Timber model yet and is equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels/Tyres to soak up the bumps of rough surfaces. The optional float set (sold separately) features dual water rudders for superb steering control. Whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL23850||Twin Timber 1.6m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select||£499.99|
|A-EFL23875||Twin Timber 1.6m PNP||£469.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite Twin Timber 1.6m with:
- (6) Spektrum Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (2) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Avian Dual 40A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed) (BNF Basic version only)
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Product Manual
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- BNF Basic Full-range 6-8+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- PNP Full-range 5+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200-5000mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.