- UMX P-51D Voodoo BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
- ETA: October 2022
The P-51D Mustang is one of the most popular and iconic fighter aircraft of all time! Its unique design resulted in it delivering some of the best performance among all fighter aircraft flown in WWII. Because of that incredible performance, even today, many P-51s are still being flown in airshows and air races around the world. "Voodoo" is a modified P-51D Mustang that won the Unlimited Class at the Reno Air Races in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Its unique trim scheme is highly recognizable yet is rarely replicated on RC models. The E-flite UMX P-51D Voodoo is an ultra-micro version of the famous racer based on an updated and upgraded version of the original UMX P-51D BL that's even easier and more fun to fly than ever before! It's now equipped with optional-use SAFE Select, is 2S and 3S-compatible, and provides real-time battery voltage telemetry to compatible transmitters. Because of its ultra-micro size, the UMX Voodoo can be flown in more places and smaller spaces, including many yards, parks, and sports fields! The fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff from, and land on smooth surfaces, or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance with easy hand launches over and landings on grass. It's the most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly replica of a P-51 racer yet!!
- The most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly P-51 racer model yet
- More powerful 2S and 3S-compatible ESC and motor with 4-blade prop
- Works with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-finished with the unique and iconic Voodoo trim scheme
- Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel
- 4-channel control for full aerobatic capability
You can use the included fixed landing gear - with a steerable tailwheel mounted in the scale location - to taxi, take off, and land on smooth surfaces. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance when hand launching over and landing on grass.
The UMX P-51D Voodoo arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
This UMX P-51D Voodoo features exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly P-51 racer yet!
The UMX P-51D Voodoo is equipped with a control unit/flight controller that includes an ESC and Spektrum receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20, and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motor. This upgraded power system setup delivers similar performance to the original when flown with 2S 280-300mAh batteries (a suitable JST-RCY to JST-PH adapter is required), or it's one of the fastest UMX models ever and has unlimited vertical performance when it's flown with 3S 300mAh batteries!
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFLU4350||UMX P-51D Voodoo BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select||£189.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite UMX P-51D Voodoo with:
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Receiver
- (1) Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Product Instruction Manual
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 280-300mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector (or JST-PH connector plus a suitable JST-RCY to JST-PH adapter, including SPMXCA327, sold separately)
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.