- UMX Waco BNF Basic
- ETA: November
This updated and upgraded version of the E-flite UMX WACO is now equipped with optional-use SAFE Select that makes it more stable than ever before, plus exclusive Spektrum AS3X that keeps things smooth so it feels like you're flying a much larger model, even in windy conditions. The factory-installed brushless power system features an upgraded 2S- and 3S-compatible outrunner motor. Install 2S 280mAh batteries for performance similar to the original model, or use 3S 300mAh batteries for more speed and unlimited vertical performance. The control unit includes an ESC and SpektrumT receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters while you fly. It's constructed of advanced EPS material for a lightweight yet durable airframe, and it's now available in two trim scheme colour combinations including fully-painted yellow and lighter-weight unpainted white base versions. Best of all this Bind-N-Fly Basic model arrives 100% factory-assembled and is ready to bind to your 5+ channel DSMX equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box! The lightly loaded biplane design and ultra-micro size are perfect for flying indoors in gymnasiums and similar large spaces, or outdoors pretty much anywhere - from yards to parks, sports fields, and beyond.
- An officially licensed scale replica of the modern-day yet classic YMF-5 biplane design
- The most affordable, convenient, capable, and easiest-to-fly WACO model yet
- More powerful 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motor and ESC
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-finished with a scale trim scheme available in two colour options
- Scale details including simulated flying wires and a pilot figure with a scarf
Skill Level 2 - Some Experience Required
Skill Level 2 aircraft, like this one, are suitable for RC pilots who already have some experience and the skills to assemble and/or set up and fly similar class models. And although this is the easiest-to-fly WACO model yet, it's not a suitable first-ever RC aircraft for new pilots or "next step after a trainer" model for low-time RC pilots.
This UMX WACO is equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest-to-fly WACO yet!
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motor. This upgraded power system setup delivers similar performance to the original when flown with 2S 280-300mAh batteries (a suitable JST-RCY to JST-PH adapter may be required), or more speed and unlimited vertical performance when flown with 3S 300mAh batteries.
The factory-finished airframe features a variety of scale details including simulated flying wires and a pilot figure with a scarf. Plus, it's now available in two trim scheme colour options including a fully-painted yellow and a lighter-weight unpainted white base version.
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
The UMX WACO arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFLU53550||UMX WACO BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, White||£199.99|
|A-EFLU53550Y||UMX WACO BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, Yellow||£199.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite UMX WACO 550mm:
- (4) Spektrum Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Control Unit with
- (1) Receiver and (1) Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- (1) Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- (1) 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 280-300mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector (or JST-PH connector plus a suitable JST-RCY to JST-PH adapter sold separately)
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.