- SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic / PNP
- ETA: TBC
Aviation enthusiasts and RC pilots have dreamed of flying an SR-71 someday, and now the E-flite SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF can make that dream a reality! It arrives mostly factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box, including a factory-installed control unit featuring a Spektrum receiver equipped with exclusive AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. It's ready to bind to your 5+ channel DSMX equipped transmitter, plus you'll receive real-time telemetry data, including overall battery voltage, current, and more with Smart and non-Smart batteries when using compatible Spektrum radios featuring AirWare software. Twin 40mm fans and brushless outrunner motors are compatible with affordable and common 4S 2200mAh 30+C batteries while delivering an excellent blend of performance and flight times. The fully-moulded EPO airframe features panel lines and other scale surface details, along with plastic-reinforced fuselage chines plus composite reinforcements in the nose and throughout to make it extremely durable while also keeping it lightweight. A rubber nose cone with pitot tube and the vertical fins - including an additional set of optional-use red painted fins that offer improved visibility - snap into place for easy removal/replacement. The fixed landing gear plus steerable nose wheel, featuring tires that replicate the look of the unique aluminium-infused tires used on the full-scale aircraft, make it possible to taxi, takeoff, and land on smooth surfaces. You can also fly without the landing gear installed for more speed and vertical performance while utilizing the moulded-in finger grips and automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode for easy hand launching over and landings on grass. Either way, the E-flite SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm delivers an incomparable flying experience you simply can't get with any other RC model!
- An officially-licensed* replica of the world's fastest and highest-flying manned aircraft that offers a flying experience unlike any other model
- The most affordable, practical and easiest to fly SR-71 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Twin 40mm fans and outrunner motors compatible with popular 4S 2200mAh 30+C batteries
- Real-time overall battery voltage, current and other telemetry data via compatible transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Four factory-installed servos for separate aileron, elevator and nose gear steering control
- Take off from and land on smooth surfaces using the included landing gear plus steerable nose wheel
- Remove the landing gear and utilize the moulded-in finger grips plus automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode when flying over grass or other suitable surfaces
- Fully-moulded and extremely durable EPO airframe with plastic and composite reinforcements throughout
- Includes an extra set of optional-use, red-painted vertical fins that snap into place for improved visibility
- Almost completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-applied, fully-painted finish with optional-use "Habu" decal
*LOCKHEED MARTIN, SR-71, associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used with permission.
You can install the included fixed landing gear with a steerable nose wheel - featuring tires that replicate the look of the unique aluminium-infused tires used on the full-scale aircraft - to taxi, take off and land on smooth surfaces. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance plus easy hand launches over and landings on grass while utilizing the moulded-in finger grips and automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode.
High Power EDFs
The factory-installed brushless power systems feature 40mm fans with high-RPM outrunner motors. This twin power system setup is designed to deliver an excellent blend of performance and flight time with popular 4S 2200mAh 30C+ batteries.
The EPO airframe features moulded-in panel lines and other scale surface details, along with plastic-reinforced fuselage chines plus composite reinforcements in the nose and throughout, to make it extremely durable yet also lightweight. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flying experience.
Skill Level 3 - Experience Required
Skill Level 3 aircraft, like this one, are suitable for more experienced RC pilots who already have the skills to assemble, set up and fly similar class models. And although this is the easiest to fly SR-71 model yet, it's not a suitable first-ever RC aircraft for new pilots or first-ever EDF (Electric Ducted Fan)/jet model for intermediate to experienced RC pilots. You should have the experience and skills necessary to successfully fly high-performance EDF models like the E-flite Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm or 70mm, the Viper 70mm and/or larger EDF models before attempting to fly the SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF.
This is the first SR-71 Blackbird model equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this an easier to fly Blackbird.
The SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF arrives nearly 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! The only assembly that's required is to snap the black vertical fins - or the additional set of red painted fins that offer improved visibility - into place. Then program and bind your 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX equipped transmitter to the factory-installed receiver and you can be flying within minutes of taking it out of the box!
The factory-applied and fully-painted plus decal finish not only looks great but also replicates the "Habu" markings of 17958, including an optional-use decal for the nose.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL02050||SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic with SAFE Select||£289.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF with:
- (4) Spektrum Linear Servos
- (2) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors
- (1) Spektrum Control Unit with (1) Receiver and (2) Brushless ESCs
- (1) Product Manual
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30+C LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.