- EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic / PNP
- ETA: July 2023
This updated and upgraded E-flite EC-1500 Twin 1.5m features a ground-up design optimized for capability, versatility, and FUN to deliver a flying experience you simply can't get with any other airplane! It's effectively many airplanes in one, with a wide flight envelope that includes slow and scale-like to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capability. The twin power systems feature brushless outrunner motors with custom five-blade counter-rotating propellers - including updated design bolt-to-the-motor prop adapters for easier and much more secure prop installation. This setup delivers excellent performance with a 3S 3200-6400mAh LiPo battery, or you can install a 4S battery for the power to hover and unlimited vertical capability - without modifications or upgrades! Plus, the motors are matched to an exclusive 40-amp Spektrum Avian Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR8360T installed in the BNF Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. The BNF Basic version is equipped with an AR8360T receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more - plus differential thrust and motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities - along with the benefits of AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. This 8-channel receiver, plus selectable-size ailerons and functional flaps that can travel both ways, also makes multiple wing configuration options possible - including "crow" and/or full-span aileron/flaperon/spoileron setups.
There are eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all of the control surfaces plus the functional cargo door so you can carry and drop creative payloads from the large cargo bay. Realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights are powered from the flight battery so you can fly from dawn until dusk - from paved, grass, or dirt surfaces; off snow using the included skis; or from large ponds and lakes using optional floats (sold separately). Remove the magnetically secured nose cone to install a GoPro or similar camera for recording aerial HD footage or mount a separate FPV camera on the large top hatch (cameras/gear sold separately). Plus, you can use the included decals to customize the now fully-painted gray finish with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings to personalize your model! And the result is the most capable, versatile, and fun to fly twin yet for a wide range of intermediate to experienced pilots interested in scale-like, sport, and even aggressive 3D aerobatic flying.
- Unique and ground-breaking design capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying AND aggressive 3D aerobatics
- Can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces or from snow with the included optional-use skis
- Fly from water including large ponds and lakes using the optional float and hardware set
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props
- Updated design bolt-to-the-motor prop adapters for easier and more secure propeller installation
- The power to hover and for unlimited vertical performance when using 4S batteries
- Convenient top hatch with large battery compartment to fit 3S 3200mAh to 4S 6400mAh batteries
- 40-amp Spektrum Avian Dual Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, ESC temp, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Differential thrust and reversing for special ground handling and aerobatic capabilities
- Oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines for added control and aerobatic capabilities
- Selectable size ailerons plus functional flaps that can travel both ways for optional use with crow and full-span aileron/flaperon/spoileron setups
- Operational, servo-controlled cargo door with 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (cargo bay is 2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm)
- Eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all surfaces and the functional cargo door
- Precise ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on all control surfaces
- Spektrum AR8360T receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic Only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights
- Magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro Hero and similar HD action cameras (cameras sold separately)
- Separate FPV camera mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately)
- Surface details, including panel lines, hatches, and more, plus a fully-painted and scale-inspired finish
- Included decal sheets with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings
- No tools are required for field assembly - hands-free connections and thumbscrews to secure the two-piece wing
- Almost fully factory-assembled for extremely fast and easy final assembly without glue
- Very large yet lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe
Customizable Trim Scheme
The included decal sheets allow you to customize the now fully-painted gray finish with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings to personalize your model.
HD and FPV Camera Options
The magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro⌐ Hero and similar action cameras to record High-Definition footage while you fly (cameras sold separately). You can also install a separate First-Person View (FPV) camera in the mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately).
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the EC-1500 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece wing with an innovative hands-free connection system can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport using the thumbscrews, so no tools are required for field assembly/disassembly.
Uniquely Capable and Versatile
The EC-1500's unique, ground-breaking design makes it capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying, and even aggressive 3D aerobatics - all in the same flight! And with numerous landing gear, cargo carrying, camera mounting, and other options, it's incredibly versatile, too.
There are eight factory-installed servos in total, including metal-geared servos on all of the control surfaces and the functional cargo door. There are also ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on the control surfaces for precise control and long-lasting durability.
Wing Configuration Options
The functional flaps can travel both ways, and you can choose how large the flaps and ailerons are by installing the included joiners in one of two different ways. And because a separate servo controls each surface, multiple wing configuration and mixing options are available (depending on the number of channels of the receiver and transmitter you use), including full-span ailerons that can deliver substantially increased roll authority, flaperons, spoilerons, and even crow!
Functional Cargo Door
The operational, servo-controlled cargo door has a 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (cargo bay is 2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm). It can be used to carry and airdrop everything from parachute men to candy and other creative payloads.
Versatile Gear Options
The EC-1500 can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces or from snow with the included optional-use skis. You can also install the optional float and hardware set to fly from large ponds and lakes!
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL15750||EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select||£539.99|
|A-EFL15775||EC-1500 Twin 1.5m PNP||£509.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite EC-1500 Twin 1.5m with:
- (1) Spektrum Servo (installed)
- (7) Spektrum Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (2) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Avian Dual 40A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR8360T 8-Channel Receiver (installed) (BNF Basic Only)
- (1) Product Manual
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- BNF Basic Full-range 6-8+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- PNP Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 3200-6400mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.