David Payne and Mirco Pecorari drew from many full-scale and model aviation influences when designing the Commander mPd 1.4m sport airplane. They wanted it to stand out from the crowd while having the pilot-friendly flight characteristics of traditional sport planes. This updated and upgraded version is all that and more! Easy to take off, fly, and land, it's the perfect "next step" after a trainer. In the hands of experienced pilots, it's also capable of higher speeds and high-energy aerobatics. The 3S and 4S compatible brushless power system, combined with a light wing loading plus factory-installed metal-geared servos and flaps, gives the Commander mPd 1.4m a wide flight envelope. It's smooth and predictable, with power to spare for performing rolling circles, knife-edge flight, and beyond. While you fly, the exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more - with Smart and non-Smart batteries - via compatible receivers (including the Bind-N-Fly Basic version's AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. The Bind-N-Fly Basic version also offers the handling benefits of AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. An innovative Hands-Free Servo Connection System automatically plugs in the aileron and flap servo connectors when you install the two-piece wing with just 4 bolts. The Commander mPd 1.4m arrives factory-finished in an exclusive Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme and requires no glue for assembly. That means you can have it ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- Updated and upgraded for more power, better control, plus Smart technology to make it more capable and fun fly than ever before
- Incredibly unique and visionary design by Mirco Pecorari and David Payne (mPd) for classic looks plus modern performance
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect "next step" after a trainer and an excellent "everyday" model
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200-3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 45-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Six more durable, precise and higher torque metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Two-piece wing with convenient hands-free connections for easy storage/transport
- Factory-finished in a vibrant trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy assembly - no glue and only 8 screws required
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite and HobbyZone trainer airplane models (BNF Basic version only)
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology (BNF Basic version only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic version only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic version only)
Wide Flight Envelope
The light wing loading and factory-installed flaps work together to give the model a wide flight envelope. Control response is so smooth and predictable that anyone making their "next step" from a trainer will feel comfortable right away. More experienced pilots will find that aerobatics like rolling circles, knife-edge flight and beyond feel crisp and precise and can be performed with power to spare.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 45-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Commander mPd ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece wing with hands-free connections bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport. Plus it's factory-finished in an exclusive and unique trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.
The Commander mPd 1.4m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more - with Smart and non-Smart batteries - via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. And the six factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages are faster, stronger, and more precise.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL14875||Commander mPd 1.4m PNP||£299.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite Commander mPd 1.4m with:
- (1) Spektrum Avian 45A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) Metal-Geared Micro Servos (installed)
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- BNF Basic Only: Full-range 5-6+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
- PNP Only: Full-range 5+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200-3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.