- UMX Timber X BNF BAsic
- ETA: August 2022
Convenient, capable, and affordable, the E-flite UMX Timber X combines the fly-almost-anywhere advantages of the UMX Turbo Timber with the unique capabilities of the larger Timber X 1.2m. Compared to the ultra-micro Timber models that came before it, its brushless power system features a 3S-compatible outrunner motor and the wing has a shortened span, larger ailerons plus an enlarged elevator and rudder. On low rates, the controls can be smooth and docile. On high rates, they deliver eXtreme 3D capability - to fly as mild or as wild as you'd like! The full-span ailerons can also be used as flaperons for improved slow flight and STOL performance. Spektrum AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies are included for easier flying, and the control unit/flight controller provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry and other data to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. Oversized, tundra-style wheels soak up bumps and offer excellent prop clearance. Fly from grass, gravel paths, dirt trails, paved, and other surfaces, outdoors in yards, parks, sports fields and beyond, or indoors in suitable spaces including gymnasiums. Install optional floats (EFLUA1190, sold separately) to add large pools, small ponds, and lakes to your flying site options. Included LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights make it possible to fly from earlier to even later in the day. Constructed of advanced EPS material for a lightweight but durable airframe, the UMX Timber X arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to bind to your 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter. That means you can be flying within minutes of opening the box!
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus sport flying and 3D aerobatic capabilities
- Uniquely capable and versatile so it can be flown in more places and smaller spaces
- Enlarged and oversized control surfaces for added control and capabilities
- Full-span ailerons for maximum authority and optional use as flaperons
- 3S compatible motor for unlimited vertical and 3D performance
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- Unmatched stability and locked-in feel of AS3X technology for smoother performance
- Strengthened control horns and ball-link equipped linkages for improved control
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights
- Oversized tires for the ability to take off and land on a variety of surfaces
- Optional floats (sold separately; EFLUA1190) for flying from water
- Fully factory-assembled and ready to fly right out the box
Compared to the UMX Turbo Timber, the UMX Timber X features a wing design with a shortened span plus much larger full-span ailerons - which can also be used as flaperons - along with an enlarged elevator and rudder. On low rates the controls can be smooth and docile, or on high rates they deliver eXtreme 3D capability so you can fly as mild or as wild as you'd like!
eXtremely STOL Capable
The wing has a shorter span and more chord so it still has plenty of wing area, plus it features full-span ailerons that can be used as flaperons for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design and high-power brushless motor, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in less distance than any other similar class model.
eXtra Versatile Gear
Fly from surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle: grass, gravel paths, dirt trails, paved surfaces, and more. The oversized, tundra-style wheels soak up bumps and provide excellent prop clearance. You can even fly from pools, ponds and lakes using the optional floats (EFLUA1190, sold separately)!
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 3S-compatible outrunner motor that makes it possible to hover with ease and delivers unlimited vertical performance.
The UMX Timber X arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
Like the UMX Turbo Timber, the UMX Timber X comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFLU7950||UMX Timber X BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, 570mm||£179.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite UMX Timber X with:
- (4) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Receiver with (1) brushless ESC (installed)
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V 280-350mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|O-SPMX3003SJ30||11.1V 300mAh 3S 30C LiPo Battery: JST||£15.99|
|P-SPMR10100EU||NX10 10 Channel Transmitter Only||£599.99|
|P-SPMR6775EU||NX6 6 Channel Transmitter Only||£359.99|
|P-SPMR8200EU||NX8 8 Channel DSMX Transmitter Only||£419.99|
|O-SPMXC2050I||S155 G2 1x55W AC Smart Charger, International||£64.99|
|O-SPMXC1070I||S150 AC Mini Smart Charger 1 x 50W||£34.99|
|O-SPMXCA327||Adapter: JST Battery / PH Device||£10.99|
|O-SPMXCA310||IC3 Device Connector to JST Device Connector||£7.99|
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.