- Habu SS 50mm EDF Sport Jet BNF Basic & PNP
- ETA: TBC
The E-flite Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm EDF is perfect for low-time to experienced pilots looking for a hassle-free, fun to fly high-performance EDF sport jet. The unique and optimized design of its lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe improves low-speed handling and slow speed performance to make it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER! Unlike other 50mm class models, it also has a functional rudder for added control and aerobatic capabilities. Inside, a Spektrum Avian 30-amp Smart Lite ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor are ready to drive the 12-blade 50mm fan with a wide range of 3S batteries. Install a 1300mAh battery to keep the weight down, an 1800mAh battery for an excellent blend of performance, or a 2200mAh battery for maximum power delivery and long flight times. With Smart and non-Smart batteries, the ESC can also provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel offers great ground handling for easier takeoffs and landings on surfaces ranging from paved runways to dirt and even short grass. It's also easy to hand launch and belly land without the landing gear installed. The Habu SS 50mm EDF arrives factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme with the power system, servos, and receiver (BNF Basic version only) factory-installed. You'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- A scaled down version of the popular Habu STS and SS 70mm EDFs that's more affordable and convenient for more pilots to fly in more places
- Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jet platforms ever designed - the legendary Habu
- Unique airframe design delivers incredible low-speed handling and slow speed performance that makes it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER
- Specially tuned brushless motor and 50mm 12-blade fan compatible with extremely common 3S batteries
- Popular and affordable 3S 1300-2200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 30-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite and HobbyZone trainer airplane models (BNF Basic version only)
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology (BNF Basic version only)
- Easy to take off, fly and land with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic version only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic version only)
- 4-channel control including a functional rudder and 4 factory-installed servos for full aerobatic capability
- Includes optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable nosewheel for improved ground handling
- Easy to hand launch and belly land without the landing gear installed
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly - no glue required
The BNF Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel offers great ground handling for easier takeoffs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from paved runways to dirt and even short grass. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance plus easy hand launches and landings on grass.
Jets are typically faster and harder to fly than most of their prop-driven counterparts, which can make it difficult for low-time - and sometimes even experienced pilots - to fly them. The unique and optimized airframe design of the Habu SS improves low-speed handling and slow speed performance and makes it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER!
The Habu SS 50mm EDF is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more - with Smart and non-Smart batteries - via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed Spektrum Avian 30-amp Smart Lite ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor can drive the 12-blade 50mm fan with a wide range of extremely common and popular 3S batteries. Install a 1300mAh battery to keep the weight down, an 1800mAh battery for an excellent blend of performance, or a 2200mAh battery for maximum power delivery and the longest flight times!
The lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe is factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme. And unlike other 50mm class models, it's equipped with a functional rudder for added control and aerobatic capabilities.
The Habu SS 50mm EDF arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, servos plus the receiver (BNF Basic version only) installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL02350||Habu SS 50mm EDF BNF Basic||£249.99|
|A-EFL02375||Habu SS 50mm EDF PNP||£229.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite Habu SS 50mm EDF with:
- (1) Spektrum Avian 30A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Servos (installed)
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- BNF Basic Only: Full-range 4-5+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- PNP Only: Full-range 4+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 3S 11.1V 1300-2200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|P-SPMAR631||AR631 DSMX 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Receiver||£84.99|
|O-SPMX22003S30||2200mah 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo 30C; IC3||£34.99|
|P-SPMR6775EU||NX6 6 Channel Transmitter Only||£359.99|
|O-SPMX223S30||2200mAh 3S 11.1V SMART G2 30C IC3||£34.99|
|O-SPMXC1070I||S150 AC Mini Smart Charger 1 x 50W||£34.99|
|O-SPMX133S30||1300mAh 3S 11.1V SMART G2 30C IC3||£32.5|
|O-DYN1405||LiPo Charge Protection Bag, Large||£22.5|
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.