- UMX Twin Otter with AS3X and SAFE Select
- ETA: January 2023
There's no better choice for RC pilots who want a great first - or next - twin model than the E-flite UMX Twin Otter! It delivers exciting "bush plane" scale looks and performance and the inherent stability of a high-wing design. Because of its convenient ultra-micro size, it can be flown in more places and smaller spaces, including in many yards, parks, and sports fields. You can even remove the landing and install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from pools, ponds, and lakes! Along with molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces, and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the UMX Twin Otter is also equipped with scale-looking LED navigation and landing lights and exclusive AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. Plus, the brushless motors - with counter-rotating 3-blade props - are compatible with common and affordable 1S 500-800mAh batteries also used for the UMX Ultrix and other popular models. The E-flite UMX Twin Otter offers a truly unique flying experience a wide range of pilots can enjoy!
- The most affordable and convenient scale replica of the STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first scale and twin-powered model
- Powerful brushless motors compatible with common and affordable 1S 500-800mAh batteries
- Functional scale features including LED navigation lights and counter-rotating 3-blade props
- Scale details including moulded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces, and more
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Works with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- 4-channel control including differential thrust for full aerobatic capability
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from water
- Ultra-micro sized to fly in more places and smaller spaces
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
The UMX Twin Otter arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
Realistic-looking LED landing and navigation lights are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery to add to the scale look and flying experience.
Powerful twin brushless motors with counter-rotating three-blade props deliver an excellent power-to-weight ratio and long flight times with common and affordable 1S 500-800mah batteries. Differential thrust offers yaw control for easy ground handling and performing aerobatics.
The UMX Twin Otter can be flown from paved and other smooth surfaces using the tricycle landing gear, or you can fly from water, including pools, ponds, and lakes, using the optional float set (sold separately). And whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos, and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly
This model features exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly Twin Otter replica yet!
The UMX Twin Otter is equipped with a control unit/flight controller that includes two ESCs and a Spektrum receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20, and others) while you fly.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFLU30050||UMX Twin Otter BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select||£199.99|
IN THE BOX
- (1) E-flite UMX Twin Otter with:
- (2) Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
- (3) Linear Servos (installed)
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 1S 3.7V 500-800mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.