The E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m makes it easier than ever to enjoy a truly unique and versatile giant-scale flying experience. Based on the original Carbon-Z Cub, it's equipped with an abundance of new convenience, capability and flight performance-improving features. An updated wing design with drooped tips adds wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed handling, performance and control. The modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options, and thumbscrews make it easier to install and remove the two-piece wing without tools.
Articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear, equipped with even larger oversized tundra-style wheels with softer tyres, offers better ground handling that soaks up the bumps of rough surfaces. The push-button released, top-mounted hatch offers convenient and easy access to the battery compartment - which now holds a quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray that fits 4S to 6S 3200-7000mAh batteries. An improved motor design featuring an additional bearing, plus a propeller moulded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness, results in smoother and more reliable power system performance. The composite-reinforced, hollow-core airframe arrives mostly factory-finished and assembled, and the installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control.
So whether you fly it slow and scale, or perform beyond-scale vertical takeoffs and aerobatics, the Carbon-Z Cub SS will offer unexpected levels of versatility, capability and performance you'll enjoy flight after flight!
- An updated and refined version of the ground-breaking and category-creating original Carbon-Z Cub
- Giant-scale 84"/2.1m wingspan with lightweight and exceptionally strong composite-reinforced, hollow-core Carbon-Z construction
- Drooped wing tip design increases wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed performance and control
- Thumbscrews with decorative gas caps and snap-on antennas to easily install/remove the two-piece wing without tools
- Modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options
- Articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear with improved and strengthened mounts
- Even larger oversized, tundra-style wheels with softer tyres for better ground handling
- Fully-moulded top and bottom landing gear covers for a more scale-like appearance
- More secure rear mount and cross braces for the optional floats (sold separately)
- Quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray (inspired by Morgan Mill RC) fits 4-6S 3200-7000mAh batteries
- Improved motor design with added bearing for smoother, more reliable performance
- 15x7 propeller moulded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness
- IC5 connector (compatible with EC5 connectors) on the 60-amp ESC for better and more reliable power delivery
- Vibrant, high-visibility Carbon Cub SS Signature trim and color scheme
- Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Telemetry Receiver
- Easy to fly with innovative, optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Six factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Convenient push-button released, top-mounted hatch for easy battery access
- Extremely wide scale and mild to beyond-scale aerobatic and wild flight envelope
- Tow up to 3-meter span sailplanes with the included aerotow mechanism (servo sold separately)
The Carbon-Z Cub SS features an updated wing design with drooped tips that adds wing and aileron area for better slow speed handling, performance and control - similar to the Plane Booster Wing Tip Set CubCrafters offers for many Cub models. Plus the modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing capabilities.
More Capable Gear
The new articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear, which is equipped with even larger oversized tundra-style wheels with softer tires, offers better ground handling that easily soaks up the bumps of rough surfaces. An improved mounting design for the main gear makes it stronger than before, and fully-molded top and bottom landing gear covers deliver a more scale-like appearance.
The updated power system features a motor with an improved design that includes an additional bearing, along with a propeller that's molded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness, to deliver smoother and more reliable performance. Plus the ESC is now equipped with an IC5 connector, which is also compatible with EC5 connectors, for better and more reliable power delivery.
From smooth and stable slow flight to beyond-scale aerobatics and everything in between, the Carbon-Z Cub SS has an extremely wide flight envelope that's perfect for first-time giant-scale and experienced pilots alike.
The push-button released, top-mounted hatch offers convenient and easy access to the battery compartment that holds a new quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray (inspired by Morgan Mill RC) that fits most 4S to 6S 3200-7000mAh batteries
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL124500||Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select||£679.99|
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m
- (1) 60A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) AR637T DSMX 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Telemetry Receiver
- (1) Product Manual
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 4-6S 14.8-22.2V 3200-7000mAh LiPo with EC5 or IC5 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|P-SPMR8200EU||NX8 8 Channel DSMX Transmitter Only||£419.99|
|P-SPMR6775EU||NX6 6 Channel Transmitter Only||£359.99|
|O-SPMXPSA6I||Smart Powerstage Air 6S Bundle EU||£369.99|
|O-SPMXC2020I||S1200 Smart G2 AC Charger, 1x200W EU||£169.99|
|O-SPMX46S50||4000mAh 6S 22.2V SMART G2 50C IC5||£114.99|
|O-SPMX76S30||7000mAh 6S 22.2V SMART G2 30C IC5||£189.99|
|O-GAC1003E-UK||IMars III Charger 2~6S/3~18NiMH 100W AC||£49.99|
|O-G6S4400-45E5||Li-Po 6S 22.2V 4400mAh 45C with EC5||£109.99|
|O-DYN1405||LiPo Charge Protection Bag, Large||£22.50|
|O-FS-LCB02||Li-Po Battery Bag - Charge Bag 23x30cm||£6.99|
Download a FactsheetDownload an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.