When IFMAR announced the first-ever 1/8th GT Worlds with a new set of Global Body Spec rules, we set out to design a new body that was not only fast, but also relevant to the 1:1 racing era that is here & now. In the past, GT8 cars have always featured cab-forward sports-car style bodies. But in recent years, the rapid advancement of the full-scale GT cars has evolved into the Supercar, and then more recently into the Hypercar that will be featured in the premier class at the Le Mans 24h in 2020. The interest level when these cars hit the track next rear will be off-the-charts!
So we're following suit here at PROTOform. The game-changing Hyper-SS race body brings 1/8th GT cars into the 21st Century in both style and performance. The radical, low-slung shape includes a unique rear-wing with molded-in Gurney flap. At the rear window area, low-drag louver vents can be trimmed out to allow for efficient engine cooling if required. The Hyper-SS meets all 1/8th GT Global Body Spec rules and is already approved for IFMAR competition at the upcoming World Championship
This body fits popular 1:8 GT cars with the shorter (GT1) wheelbase of 325mm, and comes with rear wing, nylon wing mounting hardware, decal sheet, window masks, and overspray film. It is available in 2 weights of high-quality polycarbonate: Regular Weight (1mm) and Light Weight (.75mm) for expert racers only.
This is sold as a clear and unpainted body. Image of the painted body is only to display details. No vehicle chassis is included with this product.
PRM157240 | Hyper-SS Regular Weight Clear Body for 1:8 GT
- High Downforce, Low-CG Aerodynamics
- 1:1 Hypercar-insprired styling
- Low-drag louver vents for efficient cooling
- Rear wing with molded-in Gurney flap
- Global Body Spec Compliant & IFMAR Approved
- Paint-then-peel Overspray Film Built-in
- Made with Crystal Clear Polycarbonate
- Made in the USA
Four Steps to Race Ready
- Clean Body and apply included window mask
- Paint then peel the over-spray film off
- Sticker your body (decal sheet included)
- Mount your new body onto your Car
- 1:8 GT - 325mm Wheelbase