Drivers in all applications demand clean starts when coming off the line. Crawler fans require high-precision low speed control and torque for climbing, racers need precision and predictability, and dragsters don't have a millisecond to spare. To achieve all of these performance demands and more, we have integrated rotor position sensor technology with our improved high power and high efficiency motor design. Through the use of our sensors, the position of the rotor is always known by the ESC. This eliminates the possibility of encountering cogging or inconsistency during startup. Users will experience PRECISE throttle control and BUTTERY SMOOTH starts plus the RAW POWER and LONGER RUN TIMES that our highly efficient motors produce.
EFFICIENCY IS KEY
The higher the efficiency of a motor the more power it can produce without overheating, which allows you to safely run higher gear ratios. The higher the efficiency of a motor, the less power it takes to produce the same output power, which allows you to run longer on a single charge. The higher the efficiency of the motor, the less energy it turns into heat; keeping it cool under extreme loads. Efficiency equals performance.
RELIABILITY CAN'T BE IGNORED
Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. RC enthusiasts love pushing their equipment to the edge. The Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it. Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible. High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with a high-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions. Our proprietary winding techniques allow us to produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction of our motor required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the highest efficiency possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability. We wouldn't put our name on anything less.
- Our IMPROVED 4-POLE 12-SLOT design boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT.
- QUIETSENSET technology shields the sensors from magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps your motor and ESC in sync at all times. Use of a Flux ShieldT in conjunction with secondary Sense Magnets delivers even HIGHER PRECISION and MORE EFFICIENT startups.
- Our OPTIMIZED design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments. Our sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically.
- REBUILDABLE design allows users to replace front end bell/bearing assembly or rotor/shaft assembly.
- ROAR standard sensor port and labeled connections.
- Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs.
Immense care is taken by our US design team during every step of the development process. While using the highest quality components is important, design is equally important. Our experienced, in-house engineering team, located in Olathe, Kansas, has spent countless hours simulating and developing the most efficient design. Development includes magnetic simulations, custom winding techniques, and rigorous, real-world testing of the final product.
You will reap the benefits of longer run times on one battery and a cooler running motor that can be pushed harder.
CCastle engineers always add a little something extra in their designs that takes your performance to the next level. We have not skimped here. Many customers have utilized our industry leading software functionality that Castle Link* offers. When paired with a Castle Creations sensor supported ESC, like the MAMBA MAX PRO, MAMBA X or COPPERHEAD, you can unlock advanced tuning capabilities that Castle Link provides specifically for sensored motors.
SMARTSENSET uses the motors sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle's ULTRA- EFFICIENT sensorless mode. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at all load points. Using mechanical timing adjustments alone, you can only target one driving condition, such as higher start power or higher top end speed. This sacrifices performance and efficiency during the other driving phases. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSET will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This allows users to combine the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless drive.
With a Castle sensored ESC and sensored motor you will have the ULTIMATE POWER PLANT for your vehicle. Users will experience PRECISE throttle control, BUTTERY SMOOTH starts, PEAK PERFORMANCE and EFFICIENCY throughout the full throttle range. You will feel the POWER and LONGER RUN TIMES that a WORLD-CLASS motor produces.
It's not magic. it's SMARTSENSET
- Input Voltage Range:2s - 4s LiPo
- Max. RPM:80,000
- Size:Length: 58.4 mm
- Diameter: 28 mm
- Weight (w/wires):5.17oz (46.5g)
- Shaft Size:Length: 15 mm / Diameter: 1/8" (3.175 mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications:M.5 @ 14mm & 16mm; M3 @ 19 mm
- Connectors:4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 16 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire
- Items Needed for Operation:Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines:Ideal for 1/16th and 1/14th scale vehicles weighing up to 3lbs.
- Recommended ESC(s):Mamba Micro X2
- Running Modes:SmartSenseT (with Castle Sensor capable ESC), Sensored and an ultra-efficient Sensorless mode.
Will fit in the Traxxas 1/16th mini E-Revo if you shorten the output shaft by ~4mm.
Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions.