Product OverviewPrecision aluminium, tough steel and composite materials come together for an easy-to-maintain, super-durable vehicle design whose high downforce wing and low centre of gravity, with wide arms and narrow wheels and tyres, improve handling over race tracks, trails, muddy courses, skate parks and more. This version features new equipment that further increases the original 3S vehicle ranges already impressive performance and durability.
New features that enhance its unstoppable performance include a stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates; steering with more clearance for stones; a castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh; and rubber-shielded bearings throughout.
It also now includes a Spektrum SLT3 transmitter and SLR300 receiver. The transmitter is ergonomically designed for long periods of fatigue-free bashing and has a foam wheel for precise fingertip control plus an improved hand grip and trigger feel. New bashers will be able to set throttle limits at 50% or 75% until they are ready to use the full speed potential. The SLT3 is compatible with Tactic SLT receivers to run other RTR vehicles you may own, and includes a third channel to control optional features such as lights and winches on models that have them. ARRMA now powers the 3S BLX range of vehicles with a brushless system featuring its BLX100 ESC and the Spektrum Firma 3200Kv brushless motor. The combination provides incredible torque, acceleration and speed. The transmission and chassis are ruggedly engineered to take full advantage of the electronics' power - in ARRMA tradition, DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH.
It has the ingenious modular design perfected by ARRMA engineers for easy component access and maintenance. The power module, with improved dirt management, consists of the motor with ARRMA heatsink and cooling fan, plus motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover. The power module can be detached from the chassis as a complete unit by removing just one screw. With the power module removed, the slipper clutch can be reached easily for adjustments by taking out three screws that attach the gear cover. The gear ratio can be finely tuned as the power module now uses a sliding motor mesh design.
A two-piece moulding screwed to the chassis serves as its electronics module, containing a waterproof receiver box, servo mount and ESC tray. The SLR300 receiver mounts inside the receiver box for protection from dirt and moisture. The ultra-compact ESC is screwed to the top of the module, allowing quick access to the on/off switch, while the servo mounts to the side. All three components can be removed together, quickly and easily.
The differential module houses each differential unit in an innovative yoke design. Only eight screws need to be removed to release the front and rear yokes. The power module can then be detached, allowing you to pivot the gearbox cases for differential access. The RTR comes brushless-ready with 37T 1.35mod diffs with silicone O-rings. The large gears can withstand huge torque, and internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.
Its full-time 4WD transmission uses strong front, rear, and centreline telescopic driveshafts that can't be lost during heavy impacts, unlike dogbones. A simple, dependable, responsive steering assembly complements the ultra-reliable drive system and features a servo horn with built-in servo saver. The 3S BLX RTR range includes the waterproof Spektrum SPMS651 metal-geared digital servo for 15% more torque than the previous version's ADS-7M servo.
- Spektrum Firma 3660 3200Kv brushless motor with Safe D pinion and ARRMA heatsink and cooling fan
- Spektrum SPMS651 Metal-Geared Digital Servo
- Spektrum 3-Channel SLT3 2.4GHz radio and SLR300 Waterproof* Receiver
- Stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates
- Steering with more clearance for stones
- Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
- 23T Spline servo saver
- Brushless-ready 37T 1.35Mod diffs with silicone O-rings
- Power Module with sliding gear mesh and improved dirt management
- Rubber shielded bearings throughout
- Oil-filled shocks with silicone O-rings
- New vented tyres
- BLX100 2S/3S waterproof ESC (For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual)
- IC5 connectors (EC5) compatible
- Signature easy-access modular design
- Easy-access power module
- Easy-access electronics module
- Easy-access diff module removal front and rear
- Double wishbone suspension front and rear
- Metal-geared differentials
- Adjustable ride height
- Adjustable turnbuckles
- 50MPH+ (80+km/h) speed achievable in optimum driving conditions on 3S
Spektrum SLT3 Radio & SLR300 Receiver
- Fast response SLT protocol
- Foam wheel
- Improved grip and trigger feel and force
- 2-way thumb switch third channel
- 50% and 75% Throttle mode (for beginners)
- Tactic SLT receiver compatible
Spektrum S651 Metal-Geared Servo
- 101 oz-in (7.27 kg-cm) @ 6V
- 15% more torque than the previous ADS-7M servo for improved steering feel
- Waterproof (For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual)
Spektrum Firma 3200Kv Motor
- 3200kV brushless motor
- 2S and 3S LiPo compatible
- Etched aluminium can
- 4-pole construction for smooth and consistent power
- Gold 4mm bullet connectors for reliable and efficient connection
- Special groove for E-Clip as part of the Safe-D5 function
- Super strong 5mm shaft
Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
Proven Power Package
Easy-access power module
- Detaches from chassis as a complete unit by removing one screw.
- Contains motor, motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover.
Easy-access electronics module
- Two-piece molding screwed to the chassis contains a waterproof receiver box, servo mount, and ESC tray.
- Receiver mounts inside sealed module for protection from dirt and moisture.
- ESC screws to the top for easy maintenance and switch access.
- Servo mounts on the side for quick servicing.
- Large gears can withstand huge torque, and internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.
- Easy-access front and rear diff module removal.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
Needed to Complete
What's in the Box?
- (1) ARRMA vehicle
- (1) BLX100 2S/3S Waterproof* ESC
- (1) Spektrum Firma 3660 3200Kv Brushless Motor
- (1) Spektrum 2.4GHz SLT3 3-Channel Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum SLR300 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum SPMS651 Waterproof* Metal-Geared Digital Servo
- (1) Product Manual
Recommended Completion Items and Accessories
*For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual.
Download a FlyerDownload an A4 flyer to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.