The E-flite F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF jet is the Smartest, most detailed and best handling high-performance replica of the world-renowned fighter yet! Extra Scale details, including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors, optional-use ordnance, and more take realism to the next level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, sequenced gear doors plus the most scale-like retractable landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet. Both versions include nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, and with the ARF Plus version you can install the compatible receiver and an 80mm EDF power system of your choice - from another similar class model or using other compatible components. The BNF Basic version comes factory-equipped with a Spektrum AR637TA receiver that includes exclusive AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies, along with a V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-power 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor and a 100-amp Avian Smart ESC to deliver fantastic performance with popular 6S 4000-7000mAh LiPo batteries. This efficient power system provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in similar sized models powered by 90mm EDFs. The ESC and receiver supply real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other telemetry data via compatible transmitters. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO, this F-16 assembles without glue and can be ready to fly in less time than other similar class models!
The F-16 Fighting Falcon was originally developed for the U.S. Air Force and approved for production more than 40 years ago. This multirole fighter's advancements in technology and capabilities have kept it active to the present day with air forces worldwide. The E-flite® F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) is an Extra Scale model based on the single seat F-16C variant which entered production in 1984. The F-16C brought improved cockpit avionics and radar for all-weather capability with beyond-visual-range AIM-7 and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles. This replica is nearly as large as other 90mm EDF models, yet the efficient power system delivers better overall performance and longer flight times when using common 6S 4000-7000mAh batteries. The 3-tone gray finish is easy to customise using your choice of the included squadron markings while Extra Scale details and functional features - including the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet - combine to deliver an unmatched flying experience!
- Scale replica of the world-renowned fighter flown by the U.S. and numerous allied air forces
- The Smartest, most detailed and best handling high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Factory-applied 3-tone gray trim scheme with decal sheets to apply four different choices of squadron markings
- Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs and more
- Includes optional-use and easy to install/remove ordnance including six missiles and three drop tanks
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC (BNF Basic Only)
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters (BNF Basic Only)
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic Only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale-like painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts
- Sequenced, servo-operated nose and main gear doors with molded in details
- Plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening for added durability to prevent damage and paint chipping
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Optional simulated afterburner LED ring available separately
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, control surfaces with pocket hinges - even sequenced main gear and nose gear doors - are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level. An optional simulated afterburner LED ring is also available separately to further enhance your experience.
A total of nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, along with ball-link equipped linkages on all primary flight controls, deliver crisp, precise and reliable control at every speed.
Extra Scale Details
The F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more. And, unlike other similar class models that require you to spend more to buy them separately, it includes a full complement of optional-use and easy to install/remove ordnance including six missiles plus three drop tanks.
Extra Scale Gear
The reliable, factory-installed electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts. It's the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet! The sequenced and servo-operated gear doors feature molded details on the inside, and the nose gear door is also equipped with an LED landing light that turns on and off automatically when the gear is extended or retracted.
Construction with fully molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex details and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. Plus, the plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening improve durability to prevent damage and paint chipping during handling and when installing/removing batteries.
Customisable Trim Scheme
Decal sheets with four different choices of squadron markings are included so you can customize the factory-painted 3-tone gray finish. The choices include:
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 79th Fighter Squadron - Leader, 20th Fighter Wing, Tiger Meet Version
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 77th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Wild Weasel 50th Anniversary Version
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 157th Fighter Squadron, 169th Fighter Wing (Swamp Foxes), Wild Weasels 50th Anniversary Version
- Ohio Air National Guard (based at Ohio National Guard Base) 112th Fighter Squadron, 180th Fighter Wing, Stingers Version
- Or you can apply paint and custom-made graphics to personalize the finish and trim scheme!
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL87850||F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF w/SMART BNF-B and SAFE Select||£669.99|
|A-EFL87870||F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF ARF+ (no Power system)||£499.99|
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF
- (1) Spektrum Avian 100A Brushless Smart ESC (BNF Basic)
- (1) 2100Kv Brushless Inrunner Motor (BNF Basic)
- (1) V2 80mm 12-Blade EDF unit (BNF Basic)
- (9) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (BNF Basic)
- (1) Electric Tricycle Retractable Landing Gear (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
BNF Basic - Completion Items
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 4000-7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5 or IC5 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
ARF Plus - Completion Items
- Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- Compatible 80mm fan unit, motor and ESC
- 6S 22.2V 4000-7000mAh LiPo battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
Recommended Completion Items
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|P-SPMR6775EU||NX6 6 Channel Transmitter Only||£359.99|
|O-SPMXC2020I||S1200 Smart G2 AC Charger, 1x200W EU||£169.99|
|O-SPMX70006S30||7000mah 6S 22.2V Smart LiPo 30C; IC5||£189.99|
|O-SPMX50006S30||5000mah 6S 22.2V Smart LiPo 30C; IC5||£149.99|
|P-SPMAR637T||AR637T 6 Channel SAFE and AS3X Telemetry Receiver||£79.99|
|M-EFLA8012DFV2||Ducted Fan Unit: 80mm 12 Blade, V2||£69.99|
|O-DYN1405||LiPo Charge Protection Bag, Large||£22.50|
Download a FlyerDownload an A4 flyer to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.