Out of the box, the SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator transmission offers a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. Though locked out from the factory, you can set up the vehicle to have a 40% faster second gear instead of DIG - or, by adding another micro servo and using a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum DX5), have simultaneous access to both the DIG and two-speed functions.
The SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator uses new AR45 portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. The motor is located at the front of the chassis for forward weight. The standard battery tray is positioned near the vehicle's centre for improved balance and accepts full-size LiPo or NiMH packs. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller "shorty" LiPo packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
Topping off the chassis is a scale Jeep JT Gladiator body that mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. The body has over 20 injection-moulded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more - taking polycarbonate body realism to the next level. The body has been split into three pieces for a more realistic deep bed. Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tyres on 3-piece beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
With the Spektrum DX3 radio, you'll enjoy the superior range, response, and interference resistance of DSMR technology. Together with the installed Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver, it also offers the advanta ges of exclusive Spektrum Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and you can view vehicle battery capacity at a glance on the DX3 transmitter's voltage level indicator. Outfit the DX3 with the optional BT2000 Bluetooth module and download the free Spektrum Dashboard app to your smart device, and you're also ready to use Smart real-time telemetry - without needing on-board sensors or modules.
- Replica V8 engine cover, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance and adding forward-mounted weight.
- DIG function transmission option lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius.
- Two-speed transmission option allows you to increase vehicle speed by approximately 40%.
- Drivers can choose between DIG and 2-speed transmission options or run both with a 4-channel receiver and two servos (not included).
- AR45 Portal Axles feature an offset front housing for realistic looks.
- Axle housings also use portal gears for increased ground clearance and a universal that provides 45 degrees of steering.
- Differential locker features Hypoid gears, allowing for smaller size gears, improved gear reduction and reduced torque twist.
- Authentic Jeep JT Gladiator body includes over 20 injection-moulded parts including bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more.
- Three-piece body provides a more realistic deep bed.
- New centred battery position improves chassis balance with front-mounted motor.
- Chassis side pods offer mounting locations for smaller LiPo batteries, if desired.
- Oil-filled shocks feature new O-ring material for an improved seal and cap with bleed screw for easier rebuilds.
- All drive train components in the transmission, portals and axle gears are metal for extreme durability - with pinion gear included, the vehicle has 23 metal gears in total.
- Improved materials increase durability and stiffness while holding tighter tolerances to eliminate most "slop".
- Metal stainless steel pivot balls at all suspension points increase durability and wear life for consistent handling.
- Improved suspension geometry further reduces torque twist while allowing chassis fine-tuning.
- Extended 14-inch wheelbase with longer frame rails and chassis supports a more realistic version of the Jeep JT Gladiator body.
- Detailed interior with moulded driver adds to the vehicle's realistic scale looks.
- New rear body mounts simplify body removal.
- Injection-moulded inner fenders hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis.
- Spektrum DX3 DSMR radio is fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential of the installed Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
- Included Spektrum 15kg metal gear servo and all electronics are protected by a waterproof design for confident driving in any weather and trail conditions.
The new AR45 portal axles feature an offset front housing for more realistic looks, portal gears for extra ground clearance, and universals that provide 45 degrees of steering. In addition to the portal gears, the differential locker includes tried-and-true Hypoid gears - allowing for smaller size gears while improving gear reduction at the axle and reducing torque twist.
The scale Jeep JT Gladiator body mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. In addition, the body has over 20 injection-moulded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more - taking polycarbonate body realism to the next level.
The V8 engine cover protects the 540-size motor and is mated to a scale transmission housing. In addition to offering motor protection and realistic looks, the design gives the chassis forward-mounted weight.
The hard anoldized oil-filled shocks feature threaded shock bodies with threaded shock collars to allow for more precise pre-load adjustments. They also have a screw in the emulsion-style cap for easier rebuilds.
The Jeep JT Gladiator body has been split into three pieces, allowing for a more realistic deep bed that can accommodate all the scale items you wish to add.
The Jeep JT Gladiator SCX10 III chassis provides a new battery location near the center of the vehicle. With the motor now up front, the battery position creates a more balanced chassis. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller size LiPo packs.
Spektrum Smart technology is about offering a higher connection to your hobby. It's a connection that puts you in complete control, makes you more aware and more confident about the capability of your equipment-all while making vital components of your model easier to use than ever. The combined result is a sense that will make you wish everything about your hobby was smarter.
The ergonomic design of the DX3 transmitter provides a feel that any driver will appreciate. Its overall low weight allows all-day driving with minimal fatigue. The control layout is amazingly intuitive - the servo reversing switches, steering and throttle trim dials, AVC/steering rate dial and 3-position throttle limiter are all perfectly positioned to be quickly accessible when needed and out of the way when not in use.
Integrated into the face of the DX3 Smart is a helpful Smart Battery voltage indicator. Drivers can easily find out the charge of their Smart battery with a quick glance and once the battery level gets low, an alarm will sound.(Smart Battery required).
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
- Vehicle Battery (accepts standard and shorty packs)
- Compatible charger
- LiPo Safety Container
- (1) Axial SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator 4WD
- (1) Spektrum DX3 DSMR Radio
- (1) Spektrum Firma Smart 40A ESC/Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum 15kg Servo (installed)
- (1) Product manual