- P-51D Cripes A'Mighty Mustang 1.2m
- ETA: January 2023
This updated version of the E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m delivers outstanding warbird appeal whether flying or just standing still. It's now finished in the iconic "Cripes A'Mighty 3rd" trim scheme of George E. Preddy Jr., the top P-51 Mustang ace during World War II who downed six planes in a single day. This replica features a variety of scale details including moulded-in panel lines, a pilot figure, four-blade propeller and more. Plus, its functional flaps and retractable landing gear add to the scale flying experience. The 3S and 4S compatible power system includes an upgraded 70A Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC, and the BNF Basic version is equipped with an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X⌐ and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. Best of all, no glue is required for final assembly so you can have it ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And the 1.2m size allows for easy storage and transport without disassembly, or the one-piece wing can be removed and reinstalled quickly for even greater convenience. So, whether you're an intermediate or advanced pilot, this P-51D Mustang has the details, features and heart-stopping performance-along with incredible handling at low and high speeds-you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about.
- Updated and upgraded to be the easiest-to-fly full-house Mustang model yet, capable of scale-like, sport, high speed, and aerobatic flying
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200-3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 70-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite and HobbyZone trainer airplane models (BNF Basic version only)
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry leading DSMX technology (BNF Basic version only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic version only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic version only)
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Operational electric retracts plus scale-like strut covers, wheels, and tires
- Full 6-channel control with six factory-installed servos and linkages
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-applied "Cripes A'Mighty 3rd" trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly - no glue required
The BNF Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch!
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 70-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC plus a specially tuned motor and 4-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Iconic Trim Scheme
Factory-finished in the "Cripes A'Mighty 3rd" scheme modeled after the aircraft George Earl Preddy, Jr., the top P-51 Mustang ace during World War II, flew in 1944.
Abundant Scale Detail
The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced, and fully moulded EPO airframe is equipped with an abundance of scale detail, including panel lines, a pilot figure, and more.
Functional Scale Features
Factory-installed retracts with strut covers, plus operational flaps, are functional scale features that take your experience to another level.
This P-51D Mustang 1.2m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data, including motor RPM, current, battery voltage, and more - with Smart and non-Smart batteries - via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters.
|Image||Item Id||Name||Trade||SSP||Order |
|A-EFL089500||P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic||£419.99|
|A-EFL08975||P-51D Mustang 1.2m PNP||£359.99|
IN THE BOX
- E-flite⌐ P-51D Mustang 1.2m with:
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) Micro Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed) (BNF Basic version only)
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- BNF Basic Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- PNP Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200-3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
DOWNLOAD THE FACTSHEET
Download an A4 factsheet to print off and display in store. No trade prices shown - just a summary of this issue of Logic RC News. Right click the image on the right and select 'Save link as...' to save the pdf locally so you can print at your convenience.